Thursday, April 1, 2010

Restaurant Review: Elemental -thumbs up

Tonight we walked down the street about 1 block and had dinner at a restaurant called Elemental. We have had breakfast and one lunch there...both really good, but never dinner. They are known for their fresh vegetables and fruits....but little did we know we have a new winner for best mango margarita....OMG, and they are big! And these one's count...the one's at Lol Ha do not....according to John. John had a version of a sushi roll and I had a rice noodle curry with vegetables. The sushi roll was rolled in a tortilla instead of rice, sounds weird but it was really good. I tried it. The curry was awesome...plus the owners are really nice. We ate at the Italian place next door last night and while they have good bolognese sauce for the spaghetti...the lasagna was just ok. And the owners always seem grumpy....all of them.



We ordered a margarita and the owner responded with...."may I make a suggestion". If the owner says that... you better darn well listen. He suggested we try one of their fruity margaritas....mango was what we chose tonight...and it was fabulous...along with the meal. New favorite restaurant, and I have many!



Normally we would not have a drink before a big dive day (a new rule)...however, tomorrow is not one of those. John spent all day rebuilding my scooter. Remember I mentioned in the last post my scooter was sticking on. What I didn't mention was that at the end of the dive it was a total dog on the way out and I was thinking it would grind to a halt any second. John tested the whole thing and pulled it all apart. He finally got to the root of the problem, and it is partially put together but has to be vacuum tested overnight....so no diving tomorrow. Plus the rebreathers aren't loaded....and the mango margarita side tracked the progress.



Good thing I sent my resume off to some folks today as we may be needing to look into those new Zuexo scooters....which would require more work to finance.



But I am sure we will come up with a plan B for tomorrow.....

No comments: