Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Chan-hol and Puerto Adventuras

So we dove Chan Hol. Found the other pots...thanks to Lynn and Butch. Plus, get this. ...next to the Chicken bones, about 3 ft to the right, there is a skull and some vertebrae. Domingo (the owner of the rancho) has done alot of work. He remembered me from November, which was cool. I conversed with him in Spanish, which wore me out; but I felt it was necessary even though he speaks English. The IKKI line wraps back into the Forza line, just FYI.

We wanted to make it to Zero Gravity before they closed but got the closing times all wrong, so we kept going to Puerto. Chimmichurri chicken was on the brain, and Cafe Ole was the answer. Plus we could see if Dennis was around (the owner of Aquanauts). He wasn't there but Cafe Ole was :) They had a live band, the two owners sing in the band. It was so much fun. ..Cafe Ole is where it all began in 1999...crazy. They sang a John Prine tune, along with many others. For those of you not familiar with John Prine, he is great. The song they sung was "half an inch of water and you think your gonna drown". I have his live album and on it a lady asks to sing the enchilada song...he says "not sure which song you mean"...and she sings .."it's a half an enchilada and you think you are going to drown" Hahahhaaaaa. Any way, dinner, drinks, and music were great!!! It was worth the drive.

Plus John and I got to talk about our big push in Camillo...yikes...24 stages...for set up. We will see :) That talk will continue ove more margaritas. That means a few days of set up and an 8 hour dive :)....Yikes again. I have my drysuit, but all I can say is yikes.

Tomorrow's dive is still a mystery.

3 comments:

Art & Karen Malone said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Art & Karen Malone said...

Looking forward to seeing those pots when we go down. Sounds like you're having a great time. Look forward to hearing details on the 'big push'
Had to delete first post...using wrong account :(

KM

Art says 'Without pictures it didnt happen'

TQuick said...

Hey - sure the caves are great - but.... bring me a puppy! Keep the blogs comin' I live vicariously through those braver than I.

T.