Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter

Happy Easter everyone!! Taking the day off from diving today. Partly because it is Easter but mostly because we need a day of rest and maybe a beach day.

Yesterday we did the clean-up dive in Camillo to get the remaining stages we left after the big dive. There were to many to haul out in one trip; we had planned the clean up into the logistics. As I was bringing our gear to the cenote, I mentioned that it seemed alot farther today. John's comment was, "Cleaning up the house afterwards is never as much fun as the party." Perfect.

The dive was uneventful except for our short surface interval in cenote Camillo. We surfaced and I was on the look out for monkeys again. We talked a bit and I looked where the water meets the jungle and thought...."my that is a very big iguana tail"......Holy S**T was the phrase that came out after that. John, who was facing the other direction, saw my eyes pop out of my head and turned around......to see the crocodile I had already seen.


John said, "be quiet you are going to scare it", to which I replied, "if he is so scared why is he entering the water towards us" Holy Crap, survace interval over, I went underwater and back into the cave. We both decended and I watched from far below as the croc lie on the surface of the water with his mouth opening and closing . The croc was a juvenile, maybe 5ft long (mostly tail) but it freaked me out. Not sure I want to surface at Camillo if the opportunity presents itself again.

The excitemet made for interesting discussions on the drive home.

Later that night we went out to dinner with Fernando and his wife, Glenda. We watched a Flamenco dancing show at a great restaurant. Those ladies are super fit, it was unbelievable how fast they move their feet. Apparently, that is the place to be on Saturday night as all the locals were there greeting each other and talking. Fernando has been in Tulum for over 20 years and many of the other people have too. It was a great night out.

Kim arrives today so we will meet up for a welcome dinner and diving discussions.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Karen and John

1 comment:

Art & Karen Malone said...

I'll add my usual comments :)

Was Danny in the vicinity of that croc?
I would have peed in my wetsuit...oh wait....
Tell Kim he promised that all of you would have margo margs for me.

Have fun!